Mike Doyle's Abandoned House Sculptures


This house is almost six feet high


Mike Doyle creates his sculptures with LEGO, all LEGO and only LEGO. I saw this in an article here and there was a lot about the symbolism of how solidly built homes are no match for nature without maintenance and someone living in them. Here are some details:









Here is his website where he even shows you how he creates the look of a house. He has tutorials on how to make siding for example.


I liked looking at the details because you can pick out LEGO blocks you recognize. Well, I do because we have enough of it around. He likes to portray the decay in abandoned structures. I think he manages to capture perfectly the idea of ramshackle and decrepit using rigid, symmetrical blocks known for their clean, perfect lines.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.

 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.